Tuesday, April 15, 2014



I finished quilting a top for a friend. She was kind enough to let me just go wild and quilt the heck out of it! And I did!
She had pieced the top together about 10 years ago and started quilting it then stopped. She had even finished the binding even though it wasn't completely quilted. I took off the binding and picked out all of the quilting she had done. Then I basted and started quilting it. The seams were not very matchy (still way better than my first quilt) so I had to create my own guidelines. Starting in the center I mapped out a square and quilted a checked pattern. I continued working my way out creating boxes and borders as I went. I tried to use a different quilt pattern in each section just for practice. I had lots of fun and it was great practice. I trimmed it and put the binding back on and gave it to her yesterday. She was very pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment